The College Preparatory School
Math Full-Time Teaching Position
Beginning August 2024
The College Preparatory School, an independent high school in Oakland, California, seeks a full-time Math teacher beginning in August of 2024. The College Prep Math program is innovative and rigorous. Full-time teachers teach four classes, with either two or sometimes three, preps. Section sizes average 14 students. Math teachers work closely with one another, honing and reshaping the curriculum which is based on an integrated program. Across the curriculum, teachers integrate applications, review, and theory. The predominant mode of instruction involves students working in cooperative groups. College Prep is a community of life-long learning and actively encourages and supports the professional development of all of its members.
A qualified candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in Math
- Experience teaching or tutoring math at the secondary or college level;
- Ability and desire to teach all levels of our math curriculum
- Patience, flexibility and a good sense of humor
- Demonstrated cultural competence
- Commitment to working with high school students outside of the classroom as part of our advising system and other programs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Eagerness to embrace spirited intellectual challenges in a rewarding academic environment
A preferred candidate will have all of the above plus:
- Experience and interest in teaching Computer Science
- A particular passion for teaching students who are just beginning their journey in High School Math
- Interest in possible administrative opportunities
Our mission is to prepare students for productive, ethical lives in college and beyond by fostering a stimulating education within an atmosphere of consideration, trust, and mutual responsibility. College Prep students are engaged and motivated learners who help create a kind, intellectual, and equitable community. Faculty and staff thrive at College Prep when they engage in the rich opportunities of its many co-curricular programs.
Faculty at College Prep are compensated according to a step scale based on years of experience that ranges from $72,500/year for teachers with no prior relevant experience to $143,700/year for teachers with 44 years of prior experience.
Benefits include medical and dental coverage, a retirement plan for eligible employees, and most collegially, a prepared lunch every day.
Founded in 1960, The College Preparatory School is an independent coeducational secondary school created for intellectual risk-takers who want to pursue a purposeful education with kindred peers. As an equal opportunity employer, College Prep welcomes candidates representing diversity of all kinds. We celebrate the inclusivity of our community regarding race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
College Prep typically does not sponsor applicants for work visas. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.college-prep.org