DO NOT APPLY THROUGH IDEALIST. ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH THE APPLICATION LINK BELOW WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Coro Northern California is a leading nonprofit organization committed to cultivating diverse, ethical, and visionary leaders who drive positive change in our communities. Coro’s mission is to train, support, and connect leaders to foster a thriving democracy and tackle society’s biggest challenges together. With over 80 years of experience, Coro offers exceptional leadership development programs from high school students to senior executives that are designed to empower emerging leaders to navigate complex challenges and shape the future.
Coro is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Operations Manager to oversee the day to day administrative and operational needs of the organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in office management, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to handle diverse responsibilities.
Your Opportunity for Impact
Office Management and Administrative Support:
- Serve as the greeter for visitors, program participants, and event attendees
- Manage organizational calendaring of Coro meetings, program gatherings, and special events in addition to scheduling for members of the Management Team
- Oversee day-to-day operations of a well-organized and efficient work environment, including maintain filing systems and processes for incoming and outgoing mail
- Assist VP of Finance and Operations with financial management, including activities like invoicing, check and donation logs, accounts receivable, accounts payable and executive expense management
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Request and maintain W9s and assist in preparation of 1099s annually Human Resources:
- Support HR functions, including onboarding and offboarding staff
- Maintain employee records
- Request and provide Certificates of Insurance to external partners
Meetings and Event Coordination:
- Handle all logistical preparation for recurring meetings, including Board meetings, staff monthly meetings, and staff retreats (attendance required at all recurring meetings)
- Collaborate with team in coordinating logistics for Coro events Technology and IT Support:
- Maintain the Organization’s technological and information infrastructure (Zoom, Grasshopper, Slack, Listservs, Google Drive, Shared Email, Shared Calendar, Salesforce, OnePassword DocuSign, etc.), including access for new employees.
- Serve as a point of contact for IT-related issues
- Collaborate with external vendors to address technology needs.
Actively participate in Coro staff meetings and retreats, communications, and project management
Who Will Thrive in This Role
- Office administrator. You have proven experience in office management and operational duties.
- Exceptional organizer. You are able to find anything an internal or external stakeholder needs at a moment’s notice. You establish systems and practices to streamline processes and create efficiencies in day to day management.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear, proactive communicator. You connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in a way that reflects Coro’s missions.
- Collaborator: You play well with others and thrive in contexts where you are connecting and coordinating multiple people.
- Self-motivator. You exercise judgment to prioritize your work and hold ownership of moving toward your goals while welcoming advice and input from stakeholders
- Continuous improvement. You are driven to continually improve yourself, whether it is in your own learning, tweaking how you get things done, or making suggestions for how our organization can better meet our mission.
- Value driven professional.: Your values and life experiences connect you to our work to train, support, and connect leaders to foster a thriving democracy and tackle society’s biggest challenges together.
- Relationship Builder: Strong interpersonal abilities with experience crossing boundaries and working with diverse people, organizations and communities.
The following skills are required:
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, and execute projects.
- Detail-oriented and able to synthesize data.
- Experience in managing multiple logistics simultaneously.
- Adaptability, able to think quickly and efficiently no matter what comes up.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders using interpersonal savvy.
- Good time management skills
- Comfortable with using a variety of technical platforms such as (but not limited to) Google Suite, Zoom, Microsoft Office, and Slack
This role will directly impact the training, supporting and connecting of leaders from across the Bay Area. Your work will influence and change the leadership journeys of hundreds, and possibly thousands, of people. At the same time, you will be providing critical support to the management and operations of Coro and its people.
This is a full-time, exempt administrative position that will report to the VP of Finance and Operations.
You can check out our team at coronorcal.org. This is a Bay Area based position. Coro currently offers a hybrid work environment to its employees. However, given the responsibilities for this role, we are seeking someone who is available to be in the office at our Downtown San Francisco location full time, with the opportunity to work from home on occasion. We value our team and provide competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, 401k match and a generous PTO/flexible work policy.
Coro is an equal opportunity employer. We STRONGLY encourage and seek applications from women-identifying individuals, BIPOC, bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBT+ communities.
The salary range for this role is $70,000 – $90,000 annually.
To apply, please complete the application form below. You must sign into the application form using a valid Google account. If you do not have a Google account you can sign up for a free one. Only applications that are submitted through this form will be considered.
After submitting an application, if you are moved forward, our process includes the following next steps: a scenario exercise, an interview with the hiring manager and a panel interview with members of the Coro team. Applications will be reviewed as received with priority given to those received before February 5, 2024.