Director, Internal Communications
As our Internal Communications Director, you will help to shape and execute the internal communication strategies that foster a holistic and innovative organizational culture. The Director of Internal Communications will be responsible for leading change management initiatives, ensuring connectivity and engagement among regional offices, and driving a sense of unity and purpose throughout the organization. The Director of Internal Communications, reports to the Vice President of Communications, Public Relations and Brand Strategy within the Communications Department. The Director of Internal Communications will have one direct report, the Internal Communications Strategist.
Interested? Keep reading.
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that equips students confronting systemic barriers to earn a bachelor’s degree and a life of choice, opportunity, and power. We are a values-first organization, placing commitment, passion, joy, authenticity and excellence at the center of everything we do across our 12 sites.
You’ll know Internal Communications Director is the right fit for you if…
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages for diverse audiences
- You have at least five years of experience in internal communications, change management, or a related field, preferably in a nonprofit/education setting
- You have innovative ideas around internal communications
- You are a connector – you have developed and implemented communication strategies that keep all team members connected, engaged, and informed about organizational updates, achievements, and opportunities
- You are collaborative – you have experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather information, insights, and success stories for effective communication campaigns
- You have the mentorship gene – you have the demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- You are excited to work collaboratively with your colleagues in person Tues-Thurs with the flexibility to work remotely on Mon & Fri
As a passionate member of College Track’s team, you would be provided access to extensive benefits centered around three core areas of wellness: health care, work-life balance, and financial security. We believe time off is essential to success and provide up to 27 discretionary time off days (Sick and Vacation) in addition to 28 paid office closure and holiday days in your first year of employment. Learn more about benefits here (bit.ly/JpBs22) and learn more about the role by viewing the full job description here (bit.ly/49uHtmB).
The full salary range for this position is $123,200 – $184,800, with the exact salary depending on experience. New staff are rarely brought in at the top of the range to ensure internal equity while leaving room for salary growth during an employee’s time at College Track. We are committed to the growth and development of staff both through formal and informal opportunities.
How To Apply
We’d love to get to know you. To apply, fill out the application and upload your resume. A cover letter is optional. You might consider submitting a cover letter if there is something you want to tell us about your experience that isn’t highlighted on your resume or if you are new to the fields of college access and college success. The priority deadline for this role is February 25, 2024. Applications will still be accepted after this date.
All College Track staff are required to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID 19. For our full COVID policy, please see this link (bit.ly/CTC19VBPolicy).
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and strongly encourages all to apply.