Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is one of the largest non-profit human services providers in California that operates a variety of programs to serve the poor and strives to find permanent solutions to crisis situations by offering clients the tools and resources needed to achieve greater self-reliance and stability in their lives.
Angel’s Flight is a shelter for homeless, run-a-way and at risk youth ages 10-17 years old is seeking an individual for Client Resource Coordination/Case Management that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of those that are most vulnerable. The individual will work with individuals who are refugees or immigrant children, providing case management, emotional support, crisis intervention and resources.
- Provide intensive, one-on-one case management to youth and families.
- Manages the reunification process for minors being released from federal custody to families in the region of Southern California.
- Assess the suitability of potential sponsors and their families, as part of conducting face to face, comprehensive, culturally and linguistically sensitive Suitability Assessments.
- Must be able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds, varied incomes and cultures.
- Carries out face to face home visits every 14, 60, and 180 days, providing follow up services, making referrals and connecting the minors with supportive services such as medical, mental health, and other referrals as needed.
- Prepare follow up reports that are sent to USCCB.
- Maintain detailed case files, database entries and writes comprehensive follow-up reports.
- Identifies and explores the needs of underserved groups.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in social work, behavioral sciences, human services or social services.
- Progressive experience as a Case Manager required.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish Required to include written and verbal.
- Excellent written, communication, public speaking, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to work as a positive, enthusiastic member of a team.
- Requires frequent travel and a valid class C driver’s license.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Possess excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office.