The Community Outreach Advisor (COA) is a part-time, remote position that reports to the Regional Director of the geographic area they are assigned. As a supporting member of the Field Team, COA’s work in partnership with the Regional Field Specialists and other stakeholders to help secure host family and school placements for incoming international exchange students. This role will assist the Regional Field Specialist (RFS) staff in lead generation, recruitment, screening, and monitoring host family applications as well as processes, paperwork, and data entry that supports the hosting recruitment effort to achieve measurable qualitative and quantitative goals.
- Research and identify community-based organizations, special interest groups, businesses, and/or individuals that may be interested in partnering to promote AFS, particularly the hosting program and volunteer opportunities
- Create social media content and promotional materials for volunteers and staff to use in the recruitment of Host Families
- Assist with the development and/or implementation of recruitment strategies in high-priority target areas
- Additional research will be conducted on state vaccination and quarantine requirements
- Support the Regional Field Specialist efforts to finalize host family placements by assisting with paperwork, data entry, phone calls, and other duties as assigned
- Support the planning and implementation of volunteer-led community events, tabling, and targeted individual outreach and engagement
- Maintain strict adherence to US Department of State regulations, as well as CSIET and AFS standards and guidelines
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of college, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Business degree, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in community outreach, customer service, social media content creation, marketing, public relations, communications, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sales/Marketing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook, Canva and social media platforms
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to the mission and principles of AFS Intercultural Programs
- CRM and database management experience
- Previous experience working collaboratively as a member of a virtual team
- Applicants must have a private, quiet, and secure WFH workspace
- Prior AFS involvement, or student exchange experience, a plus
The Seasonal Community Outreach Advisor works remotely during the regular business hours of Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM EST. The position of Seasonal Community Outreach Advisor is part-time, 19 hours per week. Community Outreach Advisors may work outside regular business hours dependent on the needs of the department. Community Outreach Advisors may be asked to travel to and participate in tabling events in nearby communities and/or Area Team events with AFS Volunteers. The scheduled duration of this position is April 2024 through September 2024. Applicants must commit to the full duration of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Compensation: $18/hour, no benefits, non-negotiable.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
AFS-USA is committed to maintaining a culture of diversity, inclusion, and equity. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure that we have the best, most creative talent on our team.
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
AFS programs foster transformation that lasts a lifetime. Today’s exchange students are tomorrow’s changemakers: diplomats; thought leaders; influencers in the international business and non-profit communities. Every new exchange student is another global citizen in progress—an individual primed to help build a more just and peaceful world.
And the impact doesn’t stop with the students. Host families’ lives are transformed by new members from across the globe and host communities gain greater cultural diversity. That’s THE AFS EFFECT.